Friday, January 20, 2012

A New (to me) Book Series

Last fall I discovered a book series that has been around for quite a while. It's the Love Comes Softly series by Janette Oke. From Janette Oke's website:


The book series is set back in the 1800s, or the "Little House on the Prairie" era. It has been really interesting reading these books and thinking about how different their lives were during those times. I wonder what it would be like to live back then....having to take a horse and buggy to get anywhere, not having a heater in my house to simply flip a switch when I want it on, not having running water, having to heat water for a bath, and probably take a bath only a coupe of times a week, or maybe even once a week, having to sew all of my clothes, oh and the list can go on and on and on! 

Today I will begin reading the eighth and final book in this series. I'm excited to read it and see what's going on in the Davis family, but I will certainly miss them! If you're looking for a good, easy book to read, please check out the first book, Love Comes Softly!

No comments: