Thursday, August 16, 2012

Ross' 33 Birthday....A Few Months Later

I had so much fun planing Ross' 33 birthday! His birthday was May 2 (a while ago now, which doesn't really matter!), but I had it all planned out almost two months before the big day!

Ross' birthday was on a Wednesday and I thought it would be fun if we could spend the day together.  I wanted the day off to be a surprise, so I emailed his coworker and asked him if he thought I'd be able to contact Ross' boss to ask for the day off. His coworker said it probably wouldn't be a problem at all and gave him the email address.

I didn't really have anything planned for the day off, so started thinking of things to do. I was SUPER excited to find that the Springfield Cardinals were playing at home on his birthday, at 12pm. Ross loves going to baseball games, so this was just perfect!

Sometime in mid-April I emailed Ross' boss explaining who I was and my plan for his birthday. His boss agreed and thought it was a great idea. I printed out the email and wrapped it up to give Ross on his breakfast in bed tray.

It was SO hard not telling Ross about my plans! I tell him everything and it was killing me to not be able to share!

On his birthday I woke up early and got his breakfast in bed tray ready and woke him up singing "Happy Birthday." He L-O-V-E-D it.... :)

He opened the email from his boss and I think it took him a few minutes to understand what it was. I was kind of afraid he'd be upset about the day off because this happened to be a busy week for him, but he said he wasn't. We went back to sleep for a little while longer and then got up and around.

It was such a nice day. We had breakfast at Gailey's Cafe, went to the Springfield Cardinals game, got shave ice at a local stand, and then had dinner at the Springfield Brewery with friends. We came home to have Oreo cream pie birthday cake and blow out candles! What a fun birthday!









1 comment:

Your secret admirer said...

Thanks for planning a super fun birthday party for me! It was a great day. I love you!