Friday, October 4, 2013

Lucy's Baby Book

Yesterday I completed a task I've been thinking about for probably 10 months now:  I completed everything I could up to this point in Lucy's baby book. I'm so proud of this! My mother-in-law bought the baby book for me last Christmas and since then working on the book has always been in the back of my mind. I have heard so many mothers say that they wish they would have kept up with the book when their baby was little and decided I was going to keep up with Lucy's.

I saved lots of items from pregnancy, her birth, her first five months, and other miscellaneous things that I though would be good for her baby book in a tub and last week got serious about putting her book together. It was kind of overwhelming at first, but once I got into it, it was fun. I found that the book didn't have enough pages for my pictures, so I got some scrapbook paper that matched the theme of the book and simply made my own pages. This made completing the book a whole lot easier for me.

I am so happy to have this done, for now at least! The book goes through age 5, so I'll continue adding to it as the months and years go by. I feel like a big weight has been lifted and honestly I kind of feel a little lost now knowing I don't have it to work on! But, I'm sure I'll find something else to occupy my "spare" time, though!

No comments: