Monday, September 15, 2014

I Married A Smart Man

A few nights ago, Ross and I had a rude awakening at 4am in the morning - our neighbors across the street had some friends over and they were outside being very loud for that time of day. We heard what we assumed was one of the (drunk) girls yelling at her boyfriend and the boyfriend seemed to be trying to calm her down. It didn't go on very long, but what was extremely annoying was the fact that I was woken up out of a deep sleep and had a hard time going back to sleep. Oh this frustrated me!

I started thinking about how rude it was of those people to be so loud like that at 4am and also that I wish we had different across the street neighbors. Now, don't get me wrong. We live in a very nice neighborhood and our neighbors are very nice. We don't know much about the across the street neighbor, though. He seems like a nice guy, but just keeps to himself and isn't super friendly when we do see him outside. He's a single guy, maybe our age, and about every few months he'll have a party or an after-party at his house. It's not really that bad, it just got me thinking that I wish we had a different across the street neighbor than we do.

The next day Ross and I were talking about the party outside the night before. I told him that I wished people like us lived there - totally meaning a family with young kids that could play with our kids and we would all enjoy hanging out together. Then I asked Ross if he thought I would be friends with someone who was EXACTLY like me. He paused, looked at me and said, "I'm not going to answer that." I asked him what he meant by that and why he wouldn't answer it. He just laughed and then said, "Yes, I would absolutely love someone who was EXACTLY like me."

He sure is a smart one, my husband!

No comments: