Saturday, September 6, 2014

Mommy Fail

Our library had a summer reading program, and I was so excited to learn that they even had a program for Lucy's age! The program consisted of 16 activities to complete and once done, you could turn your card in for two free board books. The activities were very simple, such as checking out an ABC book, going to story time at the library, reading a book about animals, different things like that. You just had to turn the activity card in to the library before the deadline of August 2 to receive your free board books. 

Unfortunately, I did not realize how strict the library was in keeping with this deadline of August 2. I didn't get it turned in before August 2 because I thought it really wouldn't matter if I did or not. Ross had August 5 off, which was a story time day, so I planned on turning it in then. When we got there, I went up to the librarian's desk and asked if I could still turn in my card. To my great disappointment, they told me no, it was too late to turn it in. Oh I felt so bad! I felt like I had completely let Lucy down by not turning this card in. I know that she really has no idea about it at all, but I just felt so bad!

You can be assured that next year I will be on top of this library program and get our card turned in on time and be sure to get Lucy's prize!




No comments: