Saturday, August 8, 2015

I Own A Business!

I am now the proud business owner of Total Body Blitz by Libby!
 
I've been teaching aerobics/group exercise classes for 14 1/2 years now at different gyms around Springfield. I started at Cox Health Fitness Center in 2001 teaching a step class and was there for quite a few years. Since then I have taught various classes at the YMCA and Chesterfield Family Center. In December 2013, I started teaching a boot camp class at Chesterfield and have really enjoyed it. You can read more about it here.
 
Chesterfield Family Center is part of the City of Springfield and I am a contract employee through the city. The city passed an ordinance that all contract employees must have a business license to continue employment. So this meant I had to get a business license. When I first learned about this I was so annoyed! I thought it would be a very long and involved process, and an expensive one, too. I was so happy to realize how easy of a process it was. It took about five minutes to complete an online form and that was pretty much it. I was also happy to learn that the business license would only cost me $25. I have to renew it each year, but I can certainly handle $25 a year. I was afraid it was going to be hundreds of dollars.
 
I was excited to receive my license in the mail the other day. I am so official!
 
 

No comments: