Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Mommy Fail REDEPMTION

I am happy to say I have redeemed myself from my Mommy Fail last year regarding the library's summer reading program. Last year I completed all the activities with Lucy but was a few days late turning it in and could not get her free gift of a board book. Oh I was so bummed about this! I felt like I had really let Lucy down. Now, in reality, I know that she had no clue about this program, but I just felt so bad!

I vowed that this would not happen again and the next summer I would get our cards early and make sure to get the completed cards turned in on time. I'm happy to say that we officially completed the reading program last week when I turned in our game cards and got a free book for Lucy and a free book for Molly. Go me!

We also got a flip card for Lucy which is a card that has several discounts on it. Examples are buy one get one free cupcakes, a free small Andy's frozen custard, discounted tickets to Springfield Cardinals games, discounted bowling tickets, different things like that. We've already gotten our free custard and cupcake and look forward to using more items on the flip card in the next few months. Again, go me!


No comments: