Friday, December 4, 2015

My Aunt Marilee

My Mom sent me this picture today asking for help with posting it on Facebook. It's a picture of my Aunt Marilee and a poem in a frame that my Mom put together after she died. She died 30 years ago today from breast cancer. I was only 7 years old, but remember it very well.

Aunt Marilee was such a nice lady! As I said, I was only 7 when she died, but I remember her being so nice and loving. My sister and I got to spend the night with her lots of times and play with our cousins. Aunt Marilee had 5 boys, the youngest being six years older than me. They had fun playing with us, and got a thrill out of tying up our teddy bears to the chandelier and scaring us saying there were "little people" living out in the woods. Fun, fun times!

Often times I'll think of her and wish she were still here today. It would be fun to have grown up with her and have her see my girls. I loved her so much and know I will see her again someday in Heaven.

No comments: