Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Hours...Days In My Chairs

It occurred to me one night while putting Molly to bed that I have spent several hours in her rocking chair and in Lucy's rocking chair, either reading to them or rocking them to sleep. I thought about it more and realized that I should probably think about it more in terms of DAYS than hours! All of the time I spent nursing Lucy in her chair, putting her to sleep at nap and bedtime, and the same with Molly, I'm sure the hours quickly added up to days...possibly even months!

I'm happy to have spent all that time in the chairs and wouldn't trade it for anything. And I am very thankful that both chairs are comfy! Lucy's chair is actually my Mom's glider that she let us "borrow." It's blue so I put a purple quilt over it that came from one of Ross' grandmas. The quilt matched Lucy's crib bedding and wall color perfectly. Added plus! It's a great chair, however, I can't tell you how many times I wished it reclined! There were so, so many times I could hardly stay awake while rocking Lucy and all I could think about was how nice it would be to recline! Before Molly was born, I told Ross countless times that for our second child we were getting a rocker/recliner for the baby's room! And we did just that!

Molly's chair is a comfy rocker/recliner that has gotten lots of good use the 1 1/2 years we've had it. I've spent lots of time sleeping in that chair, too, either during a nap time or overnight! I love how it rocks and absolutely love how it reclines. It's spacious, too, as both girls can sit in it with me. And, did I mention it reclines?! :) I tell any first-time, pregnant lady I know that they need to get a rocker/recliner for their nursery. It is sooo worth it!



No comments: