Thursday, September 15, 2016

Just Me

I love my husband very much and I love my kids very much, too. There isn't anything I'd change about them. Ross is a great, great guy and husband. He's kind, caring, considerate, helpful, loving, a wonderful father, a hard worker, and countless other adjectives I could use to describe him. I love being married to him. We get along well and have fun together. As I said to him before we started dating...I enjoy your company. His reply to me was...It doesn't matter what we're doing really, I just enjoy being with you.That still stands true today.

And I love Lucy and Molly so much. They are just the best little kids ever. Lucy is so full of life and energy and is so much fun. She can be challenging at times, given that she's three years old, but really for the most part, she is a very good little girl. Molly is the perfect mix of happy and calm. She is my little cuddle bug and is so sweet. She is her daddy's daughter in that overall, she just likes to chill and relax, but does have her high-energy times, too.

I get to stay home with my kids each day and don't have to send them to daycare and deal with the stress of working full time and keeping things running at home. I get paid to workout and then get to hang out with girlfriends on MWF after working out. I have a nice, spacious house. I have a great family and friends. I really have nothing to complain about in life, but realized something the other day.......

I used to run A LOT before having kids. I ran three full marathons (26.2 miles) and maybe nine half marathons (13.1 miles). I was on a regular running schedule of 4-5 miles three times a week with various friends. I enjoyed running, and although getting up early (5;30am) and getting tired earlier at night wasn't always fun, it was worth it. I felt good, didn't feel guilty for eating more sweets than I should, and also loved being outside in the early mornings. Since having kids I haven't been on any kind of a running schedule and I miss that. It's hard with kids not always sleeping all night and quite honestly I've been lazy! It's just so much easier to turn off my alarm and roll over to another hour or so of sleep in the morning instead of getting up to go run.

I'm now teaching an hour-long class at 5:15am on Tuesday and Thursdays and this past Tuesday I decided to go for a two-mile run after class. Although it was a short run and I was kind of tired from just having done my class, I thoroughly enjoyed every part of the run! I realized that for the 22 minutes of that run, I was just me. Just Libby. I wasn't a wife. I wasn't a mom. I wasn't any other role that I fall into each day. I was just me. Just me out doing something that I really enjoy and that is good for me in so many ways other than a physical way. It was great! I really hope to get back into it and enjoy just being me more often.

What can you do to be "just you?"




No comments: