Friday, November 18, 2016

38!

I turned 38 a few weeks ago! I'm not one to worry about my age and am not afraid to tell anyone how old I am, but this year when I realized I was 38 I was taken back a bit! It just seems so old and that much closer to 40! Oh well, I guess it's inevitable!

I had a very nice birthday! The weekend before my birthday the girls spent the night with my parents so Ross and I could go out to eat and have a nice date night. We ate at the Olive Garden, my all-time favorite, and then just went home to relax on the couch, our all-time favorite!

The next morning I met Pam and Natalie at Panera for breakfast and enjoyed chatting with them for over two hours! It was nice to catch up. The three of us used to see each other on a weekly basis, but now hardly ever see each other so it was a great time. I did a little shopping after that and then went home to relax. My parents brought the girls back and then my sister and her family came over and we had dinner and a birthday party together. My dad fixed homemade cashew chicken, another of my favorites, and we had a very nice time.

My birthday was on a Monday and Ross was so good to get the girls up and give me breakfast in bed, a Peterson-Ward family tradition that Ross has so wonderfully kept up for me. My Mom came over that morning and we took the girls to Krispy Kreme for donuts, Target for a little shopping, and Chuck E. Cheese for a little fun. :) That night we had a nice dinner at home, just the four of us, and then celebrated again with birthday brownies. It was a really great day!


Pam, Natalie, and Me...BFFs!

Playing outside in the afternoon before dinner. It was a beautiful day to be outside! 




My parents took Lucy and Molly shopping at the Dollar Store to buy me a birthday present. They both bought me nail polish and Lucy painted my nails for me. :) 






No comments: