Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Black Hair??

This is a picture of my parents at my sister's wedding in 1998, 18 year ago. I actually took this picture and really like it. It's one of my favorites of my parents. I have it in a frame in our bedroom. One morning Lucy was in my room looking at this picture and others I have framed on our dresser. She looked at this and said to me, "Why does Gumma have black hair?"

I thought this was so funny! As I mentioned, this picture was taken 18 years ago. At the time my Mom was 47 and still had her natural black hair. Now my Mom is 65 and is very, very, very proud of the gray her hair has become. I'd imagine Lucy doesn't realize how long ago this picture was taken, so it would naturally make sense to her to wonder why Gumma has black hair instead of gray hair. Oh the sweet innocence of children!


No comments: