Friday, February 10, 2017

Eating My Words

I've probably written about this before, but since having kids I wish I had a penny for every "I'll never do ____  when I have kids" statement I made before having kids! I would be a rich woman by now, I'm sure. And I'm sure pre-kid-Libby was soooo judgmental of parents and how they disciplined or interacted with their kids, or of the things they let their kids do. Although sometimes things do look different from the outside looking in, it is impossible to completely relate to something (raising kids) without having experienced it firsthand. It's so easy to judge from the outside.

I thought of this the other day when I was in the middle of making dinner for a friend and realized I didn't have one of the ingredients I needed to make the dinner. We had been home from the gym for about 30 minutes and Lucy had already made herself comfortable by putting on her jammies and I knew it would be a major task to get her to put her clothes back on. Molly wouldn't be a problem, but Lucy.......

I decided to take the easy road, eat my words of  "I will never take my child to the store in pajamas" and loaded them up in the car and headed to the store. We were in and out in record time and both girls were a piece of cake to manage. And really, who can tell she has on jammies anyway?

No comments: