Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Molly's Bedtime Prayers

We always say a prayer at dinnertime, whether it be my family's prayer of "Come Lord Jesus, be our guest. Let these gifts to us be blessed," or the prayer Lucy has learned at preschool, "God is great. God is good. Let us thank him for our food." Lucy knows both prayers very well and Molly is getting good at saying both of them.

When I put Molly to bed each night I'll try to say bedtime prayers with her. One night when I said told her it was time to say prayers and asked her what she wanted to pray for, she folded her hands, looked up at me and said, "Come Lord Jesus. Amen."

Oh this was the sweetest thing ever! She was so proud of herself for saying this prayer and I decided Jesus knew Molly's heart and that we didn't need to pray anymore that night. :)

No comments: