Sunday, February 19, 2017

Too Tired

Lucy's preschool uses green, yellow, and red dots to mark behavior for the day. Up until January 11, Lucy had received all green dots for her behavior, but January 11 was just not a good day for her and she came home with a yellow dot. Truth be told, I had been dreading a yellow day for a long time! I just always want Lucy to be good and never get in trouble and was afraid I'd be beside myself if she got a yellow dot.

I totally surprised myself, though, when I laughed and laughed and laughed after seeing her yellow dot that day and reading the note that came with it. The note said, "She said she was too tired to clean up all day." Oh this just made me laugh! Mainly because at the time Lucy had been telling us that at home when we asked her to clean up her toys or do something she didn't want to do. She'd be playing along just fine and then we'd ask her to clean up and she'd go run over to the couch, lay down, and say she was too tired. I laughed imagining the drama that Lucy's teachers got to witness when she said told them she was too tired. :) :) :)

I talked to a friend of mine whose daughter is also in Lucy's class and she said Rowan also received a yellow dot that day, with the same exact note next to it! This made me laugh even more! We joked together that our daughters were bringing each other down, etc.

I'm happy to report that Thursday was a green day, although it was almost a yellow day, too. The note next to her green dot for the day said, "She almost went home on yellow. Same, too tired, but she improved throughout the day to get green." And again, Rowan had the same exact note! Oh how I wish I could be a fly on the wall in that preschool room!






No comments: