Friday, February 3, 2017

The Dentist

I took both girls to the dentist this week for the very first time and both visits couldn't have gone better! I took Molly alone on Thursday while Lucy was at preschool. I didn't know how the visit would go over, so thought it would be best to take them separately. Molly did so well! She sat up on the table and let the tech brush her teeth with no complaining at all. I was so proud of her because teeth brushing at home definitely does not go that easy! The dentist came in to look over her teeth and she easily opened her mouth to let him look. I did notice it seemed like he had to keep her mouth pried open a few times, but overall, Molly did a great job. I imagine it probably helped that she got to watch TV during the whole process and I told her we could get a donuts after her visit.  :)

Lucy's appointment was this morning and I'd asked my Mom to come watch Molly during that time, but after Molly's appointment I realized that it would be just fine to take both girls. Molly was so good to sit and watch Lucy during her appointment and Lucy was the best little girl ever! She let the tech brush her teeth with the electric toothbrush and even seemed to enjoy it, too! She really liked the suction tube and spray water (which was called Mr. Thirsty)! Lucy did exactly as the dentist asked when he checked her teeth and just did a great job overall.

I'm so proud of both girls and happy to report that their teeth look good and no problems were discovered. Our next checkup is in August, let's hope for the same results then!









No comments: