Monday, November 20, 2017

Summer 2017

This post is a little overdue and was actually started mid-August, but oh well......

We had a really fun Summer 2017! This was the first summer since graduating college that really felt like summer vacation to me. Since I haven't had a last day of school and first day of school to mark summer vacation, summertime has just felt like any other time to me, not summer vacation like when I was a kid. Lucy was in preschool last year and now this year, so we had a definite summer vacation.

We still went to the gym every MWF morning from 9-10 for my class, but Tuesdays and Thursdays were completely open for us to do fun activities and relax. And I made sure we soaked up those sleep-in mornings and relaxed, too! After having to get up and be somewhere at a certain time Monday-Friday mornings during the school year, it was nice to have those lazy mornings. Sometime in June, Lucy started coming in our room and crawling in bed with me around 5:30-6am. I think she could see the sun coming in her room (even though the shade was pulled) and woke up a little. I didn't mind her coming in with me, especially since she would fall back asleep right away. We became "snuggle buggles" during the summer and still are today. :) Ross would often wake Molly up and bring her into bed, too, when he went downstairs to start work, so many mornings started off in our bed together.

We did lots of fun things like swimming in our neighborhood pool, at Gumma and Poppy's pool, toddler splash time at local city pool, vacation to Florida, Vacation Bible School for Lucy, spending the night with Gumma and Poppy, story time at the library, playing outside, riding bikes, going to Gramma and Grampas, going to Omaha, going to the zoo, playing with Aunt Stephanie, Uncle Nathan, Trevor, and Cody, and lots and lots of other fun things. It was a great summer!

Ross took this picture one morning without me knowing it and I'm so glad he did! We were all three asleep in this picture and I think it will be one of my all-time favorites!



No comments: