Thursday, October 11, 2018

PTA

I'm a proud member of the Horace Mann Elementary School PTA! I have looked forward to being a part of the PTA for a long time and look forward to being involved over the next eight years we will be in school there! In fact, all my life when thinking of having kids in elementary I've always planned on being a part of it. I think my main reason for wanting to be a part of the PTA is to learn as much as I can about the school and the people at the school. I don't want to be a helicopter parent; I just want to be in the know about things as much as possible! I'm not signing my life away to the PTA and am selective about what I volunteer for, but I definitely plan to attend each meeting I can and be involved.

Funny story...I told a few friends I was going to the PTA meeting and they could tell my excitement about this. One friend looked at me and said, "You know most of the time the PTA has a class perform a song or something, just to get parents to attend?" The other friend just laughed! We all laughed, actually, because I understand their lack of interest in the PTA and totally get it. And they understand my excitement for it. I guess we need all kinds of people...those excited for PTA and those not excited for PTA...to help make the world go round, don't we?!


No comments: