Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Molly And My Necklace

At the beginning of the year I gave myself and the girls "mommy and me" necklaces. You can read about the necklaces here. Well, for whatever reason I always kept these necklaces on a silverware holder that sits on my stove. It wasn't the most ideal place for them, but it was a place I saw every morning and knew I'd remember to put them on.

One night Molly, who had not had the best day (she's 3 1/2.......), picked up my necklace and dropped it down an opening on the stove. I realized what she had done and was so upset by this. I didn't know if we'd be able to get it out and Ross wasn't home at the time to help me. Then it got worse when Lucy found out what had happened! Lucy is an emotional little girl and this greatly upset her, resulting in sobbing tears.

Thankfully, that night Ross was able to pull out the stove/oven and retrieve my necklace. I was so happy he was able to do this. I know I could have bought another one, but this necklace has grown to mean so much to me. :)




No comments: