Sunday, January 13, 2019

Trading School Pictures

Lucy and Molly both had school pictures taken this past fall. The package I ordered for Lucy's pictures had some 5x7s, wallet sizes, and maybe a 1 1/2x2 picture size that came with 20 pictures. I couldn't figure out why anyone would want to order so many pictures of this small size, but thought whatever, I'll go with it. It wasn't until Lucy came home from school about a week after all the pictures went home that I realized what that size was for: trading pictures with friends! She had a picture of one of her friends from school in her backpack and it just made me smile! I remembered all the times as a kid that I traded pictures with friends at school and was fun to think of Lucy doing this now. I wrote her name on the back of each picture and sent them with her to school to give out to her friends. I so wish I could have been in the room to see this process unfold! I wonder if she just gave the pictures to her friends or asked if they wanted a picture. And I'm betting she didn't fully understand why she was doing so, too! Elementary school..........




No comments: