Tuesday, September 8, 2020

No More Sears!

A week before school started I took the girls to Urban Air Adventure, an indoor trampoline park/climbing gym/obstacle course adventure park that's located inside our local mall. At one point during our time there I happened to look out the window and see two men taking down the Sears sign from outside the old Sears store. Our Sears was supposed to close mid-April, but it ended up closing in March due to the Covid shut down. I took the girls there on March 13, the Friday before the shut down began. We were at the mall already and decided to go to Sears to see if we could get any good store closing deals. We did end up getting some jammies and a pair of boots for Lucy for next winter, so our last ever trip to Sears was a success! 

Seeing the sign come down was kind of funny to me. It was like the end of an era! I think that back in the day we probably did our fair share of shopping at Sears, but I can't say it's a place I ever frequented as an adult. 

When I first looked out the window I saw the R and S had been removed. I went back to paying attention to the girls, and the next thing I knew, the S E and A had been removed, too. It was funny to me how quickly and easily the sign came down...simply erased from existence after all those years of being in that mall at that location.  




No comments: