Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Garage Surprises.............

We were gone all day Saturday and came home to find this in our garage......



In case you can't tell (hahah) it's a covered bridge sitting on two shopping carts. My parents thought they were being so funny in surprising us with this piece of history. :) I made (or maybe my Dad actually made...hahaha) the covered bridge for a junior high history project. I remember working on it and all the time we spent on it. In fact, I think the fence posts and the floor of the bridge were cut from wood we got from an old barn down by the pond at my parents' house. I also remember bringing it into school the day it was due and was a slightly embarassed as it wasn't something I could take myself. My dad had to help me carry it in because it is SO big! I do believe I got an A on this project, and I'm sure you can see why by just looking at it. It has been in my parents' basement since 1990something and I guess they decided it was time for it to come back to me. I don't know why, though, because it was clearly my dad's project, not mine! ;)  I mean, I was a good student and all, but what 8th grader would really come up with that all by themselves! 

The bridge is sitting on two shopping carts my dad found while cleaning out the clinic building in Ash Grove that he is getting ready to sell. For the last several years that building has been used as storage for him and he decided to go ahead and sell it, so needed to clean everything out. And naturally, since I have two little kids, they thought the (life size) shopping carts would be perfect for my house. Boy did we ever hit the jackpost last Saturday night....

I don't know if Ross would agree about hitting the jackpot, but Molly sure does! She's already played with one of the shopping carts and has put the covered bridge to good use for her Barbies. :) 



No comments: