Thursday, December 23, 2021

Family Volunteering

We did a family volunteer project a few weeks ago. I signed us up to deliver holiday meals through the Victory Mission. The Victory Mission is a local charity that provides services to those in need. I used to deliver these food baskets myself about 20 years ago and have always thought about doing it as a family. 

I decided this year would be a good time to do it, so called in November and signed us up for a Saturday morning in December to deliver the meals. The girls weren't super thrilled about it, especially since we had to get up and get going on a Saturday morning when we usually just lounge around the house. 

We were given 5 meals to deliver, with each meal consisting of a turkey and a bag of groceries to help provide a traditional holiday meal. It took us about 45 minutes to deliver everything and thankfully someone was home at each house that we went to. 

We explained to the girls several times why we were doing this and that not everyone lives the way we do. They said yes, they understood.....I know I can't expect them to think about this and understand it in the way Ross and I as adults do, but I do hope we sewed some seeds that will get them thinking more about others over the next year! 

We finished the morning off with donuts from one of their favorite places, so that was a hit with them! 









No comments: