Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Presents from Mom

Starting last October my mom has given me a small gift each month on the 17. She has included a 3x5 index card with a little poem stating "6 months from today you'll be a bride" "5 months from today you'll be wed" and etc. Each present has been wrapped in "for a special bride-to-be" wrapping paper and has had a pretty beaded flower attached to it. (By the way, she has been holding onto the wrapping paper since 1998 when my sister got married, waiting to use it for me!)

On March 17, one month before our wedding, she gave me a Hallmark Barbie & Ken collectible ornament. Now if you're familiar with Hallmark ornaments you know they are dated. The ornament I received was dated 1997.....she has had this ornament on her "Libby shelf" in one of her closets since 1997, just waiting until I was engaged to give it to me!

I love this gift and love my mom!!!


For a Special Bride-to-Be wrapping paper.


Card from my mom.


The Ken & Barbie 1997 Hallmark Ornament

2 comments:

Christina said...

What a FUN, thoughtful and loving way for your mom to celebrate you and your upcoming marriage!! :) Awesome!!! :) ENJOY friend, your day will literally be here SO SOON!! :) Love you!!

Stacey said...

Wow, that is unbelieveable that your mom did that for you- got the Barbie/Ken ornament in 1997 (wasn't that the year you graduated too?). That is very thoughtful!