Monday, March 8, 2010

Wedding Shower!

I had a wedding shower on Saturday, March 6. This was given by my sister and Matron of Honor, Stephanie Herndon, and my mom, Wanda Ward. They had the shower at Ross' house, figuring it would be easy for everyone as most of the guests lived in Springfield.

My mom and Stephanie were at Ross' house Thursday afternoon getting everything set up. At one point I received a text from Ross saying "they are girlyfying my house!" Love it! Ross was such a good sport to let them take over his house for a few days.

The shower was so nice and pretty and really everything I would have done myself had I thrown it for someone else. Stephanie put together some very pretty flower bouquets using the same flowers I'll have at the wedding. The theme for the shower from the invitations to the cake to the napkins to the picture frame was "She Said Yes!" This was such a perfect theme, as that was the statement printed on our save the date cards. They thought of everything - they had balloons marking the way to Ross' house, a guest list page for everyone to sign in on, "love" music playing in the background, china cups for coffee, very pretty glass plates for the food, napkins imprinted with "She Said Yes!", several of our pictures around the room, oh I could go on and on. It was just such a nice atmosphere.

There were 13 people there, including me, a few of my friends, some of my mom's friends and Ross' mom (who is also named Wanda). The shower started and everyone introduced themselves and then I told the story of how Ross and I met, started dating and got engaged. We played a little game and then had food. The food spread was very nice, not too much, not too little. We had little smokies, chips and dip, cheese and crackers, strawberries, oranges and grapes, cake and punch.

After the food came the presents! I received so many nice gifts! Mainly kitchen and bath items. A few baking pans, baking utensils, cookie sheets, spatulas and servers, oven mitts and dish towels, bathroom waste bucket, lotion pump, soap and toothbrush holder, a mattress pad and pillowcase covers, and on and on! My Aunt Linda gave me a pen and pencil set imprinted with my new name, Libby Wiseman. That was very neat! She also gave me, my sister, my mom and Ross' mom handkerchiefs from my Gramma's collection, very special gift!

After everyone left I helped my mom and Stephanie clean up - I'm sure Ross was glad to have his house back :) Later that afternoon, me, mom, Stephanie and Wanda went to the bridal shop to try my wedding dress on. Stephanie and Wanda had not seen it yet so that was fun! Then mom, Stephanie and I hung out for a while talking about wedding stuff and then met up with Ross for dinner. Ross and I hung out later that night - perfect ending to a perfect day!


Shower Invitation - so cute!


Ross spent a lot of time in his room instead of the living room Thursday-Saturday!


This table was in the entryway and had the guest sign-in list


Cake and food table.


They even decorated the bathroom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a beautiful guest of honor...in a gorgeous setting! The decor was beautiful with lovely flowers, candles, and special bridal touches! Stephanie and your mom should go into business hosting bridal showers! I was sooo sorry to not be present...but your blog with pictures and chat make me feel I was there! Enjoy the memories....and what lovely gifts!
The count down is on....Enjoy every minute in this time of preparation! We send our love.... Aunt Linda and Uncle Dale

Christina said...

What a BEAUTIFUL shower!! They really did think of everything!!! So many people love you and Ross, ENJOY celebrating with everyone!! This is a once in a lifetime celebration so make every minute count!! :) You look beautiful!!!!! You are radiating joy and excitement!! We are VERY excited for you guys!!!!! It will be here SO soon and we can't WAIT!!!! Love you!!!