Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summertime = Swimmingtime!

A few weeks ago Ross and I, along with the Herndons, went out to my mom and dad's for an afternoon of swimming. It was a great day summer to be outside. The temperature was in the mid-high 80s and the pool was a bit chilly but felt great to cool off in. The boys love to swim and Trevor is all about jumping in and having us watch him.

Watching Trevor brought back so many memories of all the days and evenings when I was growing up that I spent swimming. Each summer I basically turned into a fish...except on ballgame days. (I played softball one-two evenings a week against teams made up of students from area schools). Well my dad had a rule that on game days I couldn't swim. He said the sun and swimming would wear me out too much for the game. (Because you know, there was a lot at stake at these games and we had to be completely focused on the game at hand ;) ). I think for the most part I obeyed the rule but it seemed that as we got deeper into the summer the rule became more relaxed, even nonexistent at times!

I do still love to swim but nowadays I'm more about laying out and suntanning instead of actually swimming.




No comments: