Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Ruby Anniversary!!

Happy 40th Anniversary to my parents!!

40 years ago today, June 27, 1970, Wanda Mae Peterson became Wanda Mae Ward when she married my dad, Terry Lee Ward. They were married at my mom's home church in Omaha, Nebraska, and had a reception at my dad's parent's house after the ceremony. They honeymooned in Colorado and both ended up sick with food poisoning. What a great way to start living our their vows - in sickness and in health :)

They lived in Omaha until moving to Springfield, Missouri, where my dad took a job as a pharmacist at the Cox North Hospital pharmacy. In 1982 they bought the Ash Grove Pharmacy (Ash Grove Drug Store at the time) and we moved to Ash Grove the summer before I started kindergarten. They have lived in the same house for 26 years now. My dad still owns and operates the pharmacy in Ash Grove.

40 years - Congratulations Mom and Dad!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the trip with you through memory lane of your folks life together. How wonderful to have been blessed with 40 years together....to be in good health and continue to enjoy life and family! May God Bless them with many, many more years together.....We send our love to all of you at this special time!
Aunt Linda and Uncle Dale