Friday, June 18, 2010

The Titanic

Ever since the movie, The Titanic, came out in 1997 I have been a fan. I saw it at the theater 3 times and can't even begin to tell you how many times I have watched in on DVD. I even like watching it when it's on TV, when there are commercials!

For years my mom and I would watch it on the day after Thanksgiving while putting out her Christmas decorations and would quote several lines of it. My sister loves the movie, too. In fact I think we had an email string going for several weeks quoting lines from the movie back and forth to each other. My favorite line is from Rose at the end of the movie. She is laying on a wooden door and realizes Jack had passed away. As she watches him slowly drift away into the deep Atlantic, she says "I'll never let go, Jack. I'll never let go." Oh the times I have quoted that line, and even acted it out in the pool a time or two!

I'd asked Ross to watch it with me a few times and he finally gave in sometime this past winter. He had never seen it before and although we had to watch it in two sittings, he said he honestly liked it. Since I loved the movie so much and he was interested in the history of the ship we decided to go to the Titanic museum in Branson. Neither of us had toured the museum before and both found it enjoyable.

Upon "boarding" the ship all "passengers" are given a boarding pass with a name of an actual Titanic passenger. The boarding pass gives history about the person and at the end of the tour you find out if your person survived or not. (I'm happy to say that Ross and I both survived, although he was a first class passenger and I was from steerage...third class). The museum told the history of Titanic and even had artifacts recovered from the ship.

Overall it was a pretty fun time!

No comments: