Thursday, October 21, 2010

Kansas City 1/2 Marathon

Last Saturday, October 16, I ran the Kansas City 1/2 marathon and thoroughly enjoyed myself! I did this race last year and loved the course so decided to do it again this year. It is a bit challenging, with some major mountains--I mean hills--along the way that seemed to never end, but I am happy to say I ran all of the hills and did not walk!

I finished in 2:29:31, seven minutes faster than my time last year! And I am so proud of the way I finished this race - I ran strong and sprinted across the finish line. Usually I tend to slow down the last mile so was so proud for running strong.

Ross and I stayed in a hotel about 1 mile away from the start/finish line and I had planned on walking to the race by myself Saturday morning and would see Ross at the finish line. Well, Friday afternoon he surprised me and told me he would walk to the starting line with me - this absolutely made my day! He said he didn't want me to have to walk alone, even though it meant he would just be hanging out there by himself until I was done with the race. He is SO good to me!

It was fun having him walk to the starting line with me and see the 11,000+ people lined up for the race. And he took a few pictures of me, which I loved! After the race started Ross actually ran into a good friend of his from high school, whose wife was walking the 1/2 marathon, so they were able to hang out and catch up during the race.

All in all it was a very good run!





No comments: