Friday, October 15, 2010

The Office

Ross' office is now painted!

Ross picked out an olive-green color for his office and I must say, I am pleasantly surprised at the way it turned out. All along I thought the color was, quite honestly, gross. It looked more like a puke-green to me instead of olive-green, but he liked it and it's his office, so it was his choice.

The office had a wallpaper border that we had to tear down in preparation for painting and it turned out to be a fairly easy process. Once the border was down, the holes patched, and the tape up, we began painting.

I think both of us were a little worried when we started seeing the color on the wall - it just did not look like a very pretty green. But, as I'm sure you know, when the paint color dries on the wall it darkens a bit. And thankfully this paint darkened a lot to where I ended up apologizing to Ross for dissing his color choice! In fact, I fell in love with the color so much that I brought a roller upstairs to our bedroom to sample the color on our bedroom walls. It looked nice in the bedroom, but we've since found a little bit darker, more vibrant green that we'll do in our bedroom.

So one more room checked off our list, lots more to go!


Before:




After:


No comments: