Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Knitted Baby Sweater

I have been knitting for quite a while. In fact, it was in August 1988 while watching the Republican National Convention on TV that I first learned to knit. My mom has always knitted and I don't remember if I asked, or if she just decided to teach me how, but I learned and have been knitting dishcloths ever since. I like to knit while watching TV, and have several extra dishcloths on hand! I give them as gifts, let my friends take some when they want, and have even sold them in my Dad's pharmacy! I do enjoy knitting the dishcloths, but last fall I decided it was time to branch out and learn something new.

I checked out a knitting book from the library, not realizing it was full of patterns for baby blankets, baby hats, baby clothes, etc. I found a pattern for a Baby Boatneck Sweater that seemed fairly easy and decided to try it out. I started on it around the first of January, worked on it off and on, and finally finished it February 5. I am so proud of this little sweater! I think it turned out very good, especially for my first one. The knitting portion really wasn't hard. It was just knitting with a different stitch and keeping track of the number of rows and stitches I had. The hardest part was thinking through how to sew it all together.

I think the best part of this project was getting a reaction of "oohh, that's cute" from Ross! My next knitting project is a little baby dress. 

P.S. This sweater was not knitted for me, at least for anytime soon. No baby in the Wiseman house yet!
 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i love how you set your mind to something and you REALLY do it! i remember thinking that very thought when you bought your first house...you said you were going to paint, redo this and that, and you DID...i was super impressed with you, as always

love the post

Judy said...

I learn something new about you all the time. I wish I could knit as my sweet momma knitted all the time and it sure was a life saver for her and she was very productive. I think your sweater is awesome...

I would love to buy some dish clothes from you as I love to give them as gifts and use them myself. They are so much better than any regular cloth.

I am happy to read your blog as well.

Ready for dinner soon.

Nancy said...

I'm proud of you, Libby! Great job!