Thursday, February 28, 2013

Grampa Wiseman - Part 2

In December, I wrote a post about Grampa Wiseman, Ross' paternal grampa. You can read about it here.

Today, I'm happy to add a second part to that post. Yesterday when I got home from work (after a particularly pregnancy-induced hormonal day) I saw a card in our mail pile on the kitchen table. It hadn't been opened yet so I figured it was for me. When I picked it up and saw that it was addressed to me I was excited because I just love receiving notes in the mail. But, this note excited me even more. It also surprised me because it was from Grampa Wiseman!



I love getting cards in the mail, but I especially love this card! Grampa Wiseman is 94 years old, and I know from experience with my own grandparents that it's a bit challenging to hand write things as you age. What a treat it was to receive this hand-written note! I've been sending him notes in the mail since we saw him in September, never expecting or thinking I'd receive one in return. I love this card so much. Thank you, Grampa Wiseman!!

No comments: