Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentine's Day #5

Valentine's Day 2013 was the fifth Valentine's Day Ross and I have shared together. Here's a quick run down of our Valentine's celebrations:

2009:  First Valentine's Day together. Ross gave me a teddy bear, [who is named Steve and seen in several of my pictures on this blog...the bear that is always on our bed holding the treats Ross leaves for me] one dozen roses, took me to dinner at a very nice Italian restaurant, took me back to his house for dancing in candlelight in his basement, and also gave me 3 DVDs that I'd wanted. Great first Valentine's Day!

2010:  Engaged Valentine's Day. Ross took me to dinner at Flame, a very nice steakhouse, and we went to see a movie...a chick flick. That weekend we went to KC for our couples wedding shower with the Wiseman's friends, and then had breakfast on Valentine's Day with my family, Aunt Linda and Uncle Dale. You can read more about it here.

2011: First Married Valentine's Day. Kind of low key. We went out to dinner over the weekend to celebrate and then to a movie...a chick flick! Ross gave me roses and a teddy bear and on the 14 we had a nice dinner of fillet mignon and ate on our china plates in our dining room.

2012:  Second Married Valentine's Day. We went out to dinner the weekend before to celebrate and then to a movie...a chick flick! On the 14, Ross brought me flowers at work and I can home to a surprise of a BIG card, little hearts all over our bed saying why Ross loved me, and a Pandora bracelet. Read about it here!

2013: Third Married Valentine's Day and Last One Without Kids. This Valentine's day was kind of low key, but I think it will rank up there with one of my all-time favorites! The weekend before Valentine's Day, Ross took me to the Chateau on the Lake in Branson for a night. We didn't really do much other than eat at the hotel, walk around, get ice cream, and hang out in our room, but it was so much fun! Our room package came with room service and it was really fun waking up to my breakfast being delivered and eating it in bed. We checked out at 11am, went to the outlet mall for a little while, and then went home.

On the 14, I got home to Ross waiting for me with one dozen roses. I told him I was so glad he just gave them to me at home instead of at work...I didn't want to deal with them at work! And he said he thought about it but by the time I walked down to meet him I'd be out of breath and I'd have to walk back and that would take a while...it was just funny! I gave Ross some Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies and he gave me a gift card and The Brady Bunch 2 movie (he gave me the first Brady Bunch movie for our first Valentine's Day and I had been wanting the second one for a while). I took Ross out for our date that night but did not tell him where we were going. I drove a little out of our way, just to mess him up and throw him off track. He was pleasantly surprised when we turned into Popeye's Chicken....a fast food restaurant very similar to Kentucky Fried Chicken! I thought this was so funny and fun! I thought about it over the weekend and knew Ross would like it. He LOVES Popeye's Chicken! He was thrilled and thought it was a great place to eat. After dinner I took us to a coffee shop. We don't really drink coffee, but I thought it would be fun to just hang out at a coffee shop for a while. We got there around 6:45, but just as we were starting out second game of Uno, realized that they closed at 7. I was really bummed about that and think it's odd that they close so early. We left and went home to catch up on our recorded shows. All in all, it was a great Valentine's Day!







No comments: