Friday, May 23, 2014

Happy Mother's Day To Me

Happy Mother's Day to me, a few weeks late! I had a great Mother's Day. Saturday night I went out to eat with some new friends from the gym and then Ross and I watched a movie when I got home. We went to church on Sunday and came home and Ross made breakfast for us. Ross makes the best breakfasts!

That afternoon we went out to my parent's house and hung out there for the day. Lucy had fun playing and even got to do a little swimming in the baby pool. We had dinner and then left in time for Lucy to fall asleep in the car. All in all, it was a very nice day...so much different than my first Mother's Day last year.

That Mother's Day I was so tired! Lucy woke up the night before around 3am and I fed her (she was only 2 weeks old at the time) and then she did not go back to sleep until about 9am the next morning. NO. JOKE.! She spent that whole time crying and screaming at us. We had no idea what to do so called the overnight nurse line from our doctor's office. We ended up taking Lucy to the doctor that morning, my first Mother's Day, only to have her fall asleep like right after we made the doctor's appointment! The doctor couldn't figure out what was wrong with Lucy and wondered if she might have reflux. (Side note, she did have reflux and started her on Zantac that week after her two-week checkup.) Lucy was fine the rest of the day and we went out to my parent's house to take a nap while they took care of Lucy!

This year, Lucy slept all night long the night before and the night of Mother's Day. Such a welcome change from one year ago!




 
 

No comments: