Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Remember When

Last weekend Ross and I seemed to say the words "remember when" a lot of times. We were remembering what all was going on this time last year, when Lucy was just almost one month old. Here are a few funny stories we remembered:

Saturday we went to Joplin to visit my sister and her family and before leaving we decided to get a drink from Starbucks. While in the drive-thru line Ross asked me if I remembered the time last year when we were at the same Starbucks drive-thru line and I had to get out of the car with Lucy in her bucket seat and swing her back and forth until Ross got through the line because she was crying so much and she did not like the car sitting still. I remember that very well! It was a hot, sunny day and there were a lot of cars in the line. I felt kind of silly doing that, but it worked and we had a happy baby again once she was asleep!

Sunday morning I reminded Ross of the Sunday last summer that didn't really happen! And by that I mean that we went to church, but might as well shouldn't have because we left almost as soon as we got there! It started on our way to church when we heard Lucy fill her diaper. We could tell that the diaper was going to be very full by the sound of it and we were right. In fact, she pooped through her diaper so I had to change her clothes when we got to church. I was really bummed about that because I had a really cute outfit on her. At that time we were still taking her into church with us and not using the nursery, so we went into church. She was awake so I was holding her while we were singing. As I was holding her she spit up a few times and each time seemed to get worse. She got a lot on me and her. I decided to take her out to the hall because it was just gross. I stayed out there a bit and Ross came out to see if we were okay. When he came out we decided to just call it a day and go home. Fun times. :)

I think the funniest memory we had over the weekend wasn't really a specific memory, but it was funny! Sunday afternoon we went to a friend's house for a BBQ. This is a friend of Ross' from college and there were five couples there, all of us except one couple having kids. There were six kids ranging in age from 13 months to six years old. It was fun, but kind of chaotic at times with all the kids running around. After dinner Reese, a six-year-old, told us it was time for the gymnastics show and we needed to go outside to watch it. Reluctantly, we all made our way outside. We were waiting for the gymnastics show, but little did we know that there was actually a singing show before the gymnastics show. They were playing with a karaoke machine singing "Let It Go" from Frozen. Really, it was chaos! The kids were all running around singing and playing and the adults were trying to talk. All of a sudden, one of the guys looked at us and said, "Remember when we used to hang out at bars?" We had a good laugh at that and I'm still laughing at it today! Although I never hung out with this group when we were in college because I didn't know them yet, I could totally relate to that statement. It is so funny to think about all the changes that have happened in this group and my other groups of friends. Ten years and marriage and kids sure do change things!

No comments: