Thursday, May 8, 2014

New Friends and Coffee

I've been working at my new job for about five months now. I teach a boot camp class at a local gym on MWF, 9-10am. This was a new class that started when I started teaching there mid-December. The class has slowly grown from 2 people to an average of about 8 people each day. I am so much enjoying this class! It's great to get paid to work out and it gets me out of the house for a few hours. Lucy does well in the daycare area and can stay in there for up to two hours at a time. It's just a great setup all the way around.

Another plus to the job is new friends! Most of the girls who come know each other from being gym members for a while or having kids in the same class at school. I noticed that they would hang out after class and have coffee in the commons area of the gym. When I realized this, I wanted to join them, but just wasn't brave enough to ask if I could! And I've realized over the years that you just can't force stuff, especially friendships. I so badly wanted to be friends with all these girls, but didn't want to come across as pushy or needy, so held back. I hoped that eventually I would become friends with them, even hang out with them after class.

And one day my hopes came true! One Friday, one of the girls brought a dessert to share after class and invited me to join them. I was so excited about this! And it was perfect because that day my Mom was babysitting Lucy, so I didn't have to worry about her being in the daycare area for a long time. It was so much fun just hanging out with them, and ever since that mid-February day I've been haning out with them having coffee after class. I really look forward to this time and am enjoying the new friendships I've formed. As I mentioned, I can keep Lucy in the daycare area for two hours and I take full advantage of this, as do the girls that I hang out with. Most of them have little ones in the daycare area, too.

Cheers to new friends!

No comments: