Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Happy #4 To Us!

Ross and I have been married for four years now! Our anniversary was Thursday, April 17. I'm a little late in posting about it, but oh well! We had a nice anniversary day. I took Lucy to swim lessons and then to Gumma and Poppy's for her to spend the night with them. Ross and I went to dinner at Jim's Steakhouse and then went mini golfing. It was nice spending time together alone and not having a baby in tow!

I still remember our wedding day like it was yesterday. It was the absolute best wedding ever and one of the best days of my life. I'm so thankful to have found Ross and so thankful for the great, caring, kind, loving husband he is. I am a lucky girl!

We don't give each other big anniversary gifts, but I always get a bracelet from Ross for our anniversary. We started this on our first anniversary and I love the tradition. I have a picture of the bracelets below and here's an explanation of each bracelet:


 
1. The first bracelet (at the top of the picture) was bought on our honeymoon in Cancun, so I guess that's what really started it. I remember the night we bought it...it was the last night we were at our resort and we ate at the restaurant by the pool. It was such a nice night and our food was really good. There were several local vendors set up around the pool and we walked around looking at them after dinner. I saw the bracelet and loved it. It was priced at $20, but we got it down to $10. I bet we could have gotten it a little lower, too, had we tried more!

2.  The second bracelet was bought in Hawaii on our first anniversary trip. Oh, this was absolutely the Best. Vacation. Ever.! We both loved our trip to Hawaii! We found this bracelet at the swap meet held at the Aloha Stadium. It's a huge swap meet with all sorts of Hawaii souvenirs.

3.  The third bracelet was for our second anniversary. We went to Jamaica for that anniversary and I tried to find a bracelet while shopping, but never did. I found this one at Kohls and loved it. Side note: gotta love Kohl's pricing...this bracelet was originally $60 and I got it "on sale" for $12. :)

4.  The fourth bracelet was for our third anniversary. This anniversary was spent in good old Springfield, Mo! April 17, 2013, was one week away from my due date and just 11 days away from Lucy's birthday. Ross bought this bracelet at the $1 Jewelry Galore Store and I love that! He's bought me other jewelry from this store in the past and again, I love it! You can read about it here.

5.  The fifth bracelet is from our fourth anniversary this year. And yes, it's from the $1 Jewelry Galore Store! It's a shell bracelet because we couldn't go to the beach for our anniversary this year so Ross brought the beach to me! He's so good to me!

I look forward to adding to this post with all my future anniversary bracelets. I hope to rack up 50 or more! :)
 
 

No comments: