Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Toilet Paper Roll Has Been Found

Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I teach my class at the gym and am usually more than ready for a shower when I get home. Since I am home alone with Lucy, it can be kind of challenging sometimes to get a shower in. I have some toys that I keep in our bedroom so she can play with them while I shower, and I also shut the bedroom door so she can't get out to play in the hallway. She will go back and forth between playing in our bedroom, the closet hallway, playing in my closet and pulling out all my shoes, and then also playing in the bathroom where the shower is.

Lucy is usually pretty good to entertain herself and doesn't get into anything she shouldn't. We have latches on all the cabinet doors so she can't get into them and sometimes she will just sit by the shower door waiting for me to get out.

Well, last week she discovered a new toy in our bathroom: the toilet paper roll. She unrolled about half of the roll before she got distracted and moved on to something new. I realized she was doing this, but wasn't quite ready to get out of the shower, so I just let her do with it. The way I look at it, it's not harming anything and it allows me to get a shower in, so it's a win-win situation all the way around!



No comments: