Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Cracked

Our glass stove top cracked! I couldn't believe that it happened and was very surprised at it, as I've never heard of this before. I was boiling water one night and the water boiled over, so I removed the pot and drained some water. Water has boiled over lots of times before and I'd never had any trouble so didn't think anything of it, so turned the temperature down a little and put the pot back on the burner. A few minutes later I heard a popping or cracking noise, but didn't know what it was. Well, when I cleaned up the stove top after dinner I realized what the noise had been. It was the stove top cracking. As you can see in the picture, there are several cracks going throughout the burner and up into the top burner, too. Thankfully, the crack did not go over to the burners on the other side, so I still have one good side to work with. I haven't been using the cracked burner for fear of it exploding or something. :)

We checked into replacing the stove top and found that it would be too expensive when compared to buying a whole new range. So, we bought a whole new range. We hadn't planned on that expense, but I'm actually kind of happy about it! The burner that's still working has never really heated up well and the oven takes forever to heat up. It will be nice to have everything new now!

And when I say everything new, I'm not just talking about our range, either! In 2013 we got a new refrigerator. In 2015 we had to replace our water heater. In 2016 we got a new washer and dryer, dishwasher, and microwave. The only other big thing I can think of that we might need to replace is our HVAC system and we certainly don't want to do that anytime soon! $$$$$$$$$


No comments: