Saturday, July 17, 2021

93 Years Old!

We went to Omaha last weekend to celebrate my Gramma Ward's 93rd birthday! My sister rode with me and the girls for the trip and my parents took my nephew, Trevor, with them the day before. My dad and Trevor worked on the to-do list Gramma had for them. It was a nice time visiting with Gramma and seeing my aunt and cousins. 

Friday night when we were there a big storm came up and ended up knocking power out to most all of Omaha and knocking down huge trees all over the city, too. Gramma was out of power from 7/10 until 7/13! Thankfully it wasn't too hot up there and she got along okay without having her A/C on. 

The girls had fun staying in a hotel and were thrilled to finally get to use a luggage rack the hotel offers for moving your luggage in and out. :) I hope I'm like Gramma someday when I'm 93. She lives alone, in the same house she's lived in for 70 years, rides her bike most everyday, and is in very good health! She is quite an example to live up to! 












No comments: