Friday, October 14, 2022

Meal Delivery

I took the summer off, but am back to delivering Meals On Wheels on Thursday mornings! I have been doing this for almost two years and do enjoy it. I've gotten to know several of the people I deliver to and often sit and chat wtih them for a few minutes. 

My route has changed a bit since last spring. I now go to one apartment complext and have about 7 different people I deliver to in that one place. I do have a few houses to stop at along the way, but for the most part it's a pretty easy route! Each person get a box of food, a bag of fruit, and a loaf of bread. The boxes are a big awkward to carry sometimes with the other items I have, but it works. I'm so thankful I'm able to have the time to do this volunteer work. I know it helps several people and I'm glad I can be that helper! 




No comments: