Friday, October 28, 2022

Mums

I'm really proud of my one big purple mum that is on the right side of my porch in the picture below! I bought it as a tiny little mum in the spring of 2021 and planted it in the ground. It came back this year and it so big! I planted mums on the other side of the porch that did not come back (what you see in the picture are mums I planted this past spring) so I'm just so happy the purple mum made it through the winter! We had a hard freeze two nights in a row last week and I made sure to do a very good job covering up the mums. The purple mum had just started to bloom out before the freeze and I knew it had plenty of life left in it for the fall season, so wanted it to last. I put two sheets over it and am so happy to say it survived! Now to make it through this winter to next spring! 






No comments: