Monday, March 25, 2024

Spring Break Fun

Our spring break was March 8-17 and we had a good week together! We didn't do much on Monday, but Tuesday the girls and I went to the Laura Ingalls Wilder house in Mansfield, MO. I'd wanted to take them there for a while and it worked out perfectly this week! I remember going as a girl with my mom and sister, but didn't remember much about it. I really enjoyed it and enjoyed looking through everything at the museum. It dawned on me, though, that being nine and eight, Lucy and Molly didn't quite appreciate the history as I did! 

Ross took Wednesday-Friday off work and Wednesday we went to Silver Dollar City. It was a beautiful day to be there and for spring break week it wasn't too crowded. We went to a dog show while there and althought it wasn't the greatest, I'm glad we went to a show! We've been to SDC countless times and have never gone to a show like that! We hope to do more this season.

Thursday we took a day trip to Jefferson City, MO, the state capitol, and took a tour of the capitol building. This was very neat to me! I did this tour for my sixth grade field trip when I was a girl. Our school used to take that trip, but not anymore, so I'm glad we gave that experience and education to the girls. We also went to a Military and National Guard Museum. It was very neat to see all the items they had on display! 

Friday was my mom's 73rd birthday so we went to lunch and shopping with her and then to dinner with our whole family that night. 























No comments: