Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Couples Shower

Last Saturday night, February 13, Ross and I had our first wedding shower. It was a Mexican-themed Couples Shower given by Ross' parents friends. Larry and Wanda (Ross' parents) had been friends with them for probably 30+ years - the kind of friends that are no longer friends but family. It was in Kansas City (that's where Ross is from) so Ross and I traveled to KC Saturday morning and relaxed around his parent's house that afternoon and then headed to the shower around 6pm.

All together there were about 30 people at the shower, maybe even a few more, I'm not quite sure on the exact number. I was so happy that my mom and dad, my sister and brother-in-law and my aunt and uncle from Omaha, Neb., came to the shower, too. Everyone there was very nice but I was a bit overwhelmed, not having ever had a shower for me before, and not knowing anyone, so it was nice to have some of my family there, too.

We had dinner together - a very nice spread with pulled pork sandwiches, chicken enchiladas, chips and salsa, fruit and dessert. After dinner Ross and I played a game to determine how well we really knew each other. The hostess asked us questions about each other that we both had to answer. Out of about eight questions we only missed one! That was a very fun game! Some of the questions we were asked:

What is Libby's birthday?
If Ross could be any superhero, what would it be?
What marathon would Libby love to run?
What would we do if I burned dinner?

After the games the presents began! We got some very nice gifts, lots of items from our registry and we were quite pleased with everything. We got a flour/sugar/coffee canister set, cake platter, cloth napkins and placemats, serving platter, serving bowl, Catch Phrase game, a cooler, sugar and creamer set, butter dish, coffee mugs for our dish set, a heart-shaped casserole dish, a picture frame, cake server set (for our wedding cake :) ), and a few other things that I just can't think of right now.

All in all it was such a fun time! My kudos to the hosts - they threw a very nice party! Ross and I were really drained after the shower and our faces were so tired from smiling so much! If we felt that way after only 3 hours from a shower I can only imagine what we'll feel like after about a 12-hour wedding day!

Welcome Libby and Ross :)


The oh-so tasty and pretty fruit!


Playing the game.


Opening presents!!


My sister, my mom, me, Aunt Linda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful couples shower! We had a wonderful time on Saturday evening from the entry through the festively decorated door into the lovely fiesta decorated home, to the meeting and connecting names/faces with Wiseman friends and family, to the delicious, colorful, elegantly presented festive Mexican fiesta feasting, to your masterful playing of the "how well do we know each other" game, to the opening of such lovely and generous gifts, to the snapping of pictures, to the final good-byes as we departed with wonderful memories. We had a memorable and beautiful evening (and weekend)! Thank you for inviting/including us in this special pre-wedding event! We send our love.....
Aunt Linda and Uncle Dale