Friday, February 12, 2010

The Lasts Become Firsts

I've been thinking a lot lately about how my life will change once I'm married. I think about the major stuff, like living with someone, combing finances, etc., but more so have been thinking about little things like...

When Ross and I go on a date we'll leave our house together, he won't come pick me up.

When we're done with our date, we'll go home together, I won't get dropped off at my house.

After almost 8 years of living alone I'll live with someone, and a boy at that!

Getting used to signing my new last name of Wiseman instead of Ward. I was practicing writing Wiseman the other day and realized how long it is compared to Ward!

This is silly, but I had to buy toilet paper last week and bought the 12-pack. I thought to myself, the next time I buy toilet paper I'll be married and might need to buy more as I'll be buying for two people!

Realizing that I'll probably have to run my dishwasher more than once a week - I'm sure two people will fill up a dishwasher faster than just one person.


And I've also thought about how the lasts have and will become firsts.....

The last first kiss Ross and I had turned into the first kiss of the rest of our life together.

The last day I wake up alone will become the first day I go to bed with someone, forever.

The last time I'm called Miss Ward will become the first time I'm called Mrs. Wiseman, forever.

The last day I'm single will become the first day I'm married, forever.


Perhaps my thoughts sound a bit melodramatic but wow, all the changes coming up can be a bit overwhelming, plus the fact that I like to analyze stuff to death!

No comments: