Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Running in the Snow

I went running outside this morning and it was so enjoyable!

When I woke up and saw the temperature of 20 I thought I should go to the Y and struggle through 4 miles on the treadmill. I got dressed for the Y and headed out to my car. When I got outside I realized it wasn't that cold and it seemed to be snowing. It actually wasn't snow, but freezing fog that seemed like snow flurries. I've always thought it would be fun to run while it's snowing and have missed the past few chances I've had to do that so decided today was the day.

I went back inside to layer up and then headed out for a 40-minute run. Once I got going the temperature was really just fine. I don't mind running in cold temperatures, especially when there is no wind factor. I usually run on sidewalks around my neighborhood but hit the streets today as some of the sidewalks were still snow covered. I run on side streets and there aren't many people out on those streets at 5:30 in the morning I often run right down the middle of the street, which is kind of fun to me!

Anyway, it was just a nice run. Nice to get outside and breathe the fresh, crisp air.

No comments: