Monday, February 27, 2012

Baby Blanket #3

A few weeks ago, I finished knitting my third baby blanket. I knitted my first baby blanket last year and then did another one in the summer and gave to a friend at her baby shower. I love knitting these blankets! I've done baby blankets because they are fairly easy and don't take very long to do. I'd like to make an adult blanket, but don't know if I have the patience to work on one project for that length of time. I love the way this pattern looks, but it was not my favorite to knit. It has two rows of purl stitches and purl stitches just don't come as easy to me as knit stitches do. 

Here's the pattern for the blanket in the pictures below:
With larger circular needles, cast on 121 stitches. Knit 5 rows. Keeping first and last 6 stitches of each row in garter stitch (knit every row), work in Eyelet Pattern until piece measures 32 inches from the beginning. End with row 4 of Eyelet pattern. Knit 5 rows and bind off.

Eyelet Pattern (multiple of 6 sts + 1)
Row 1 (RS): Knit.
Row 2: Purl. 

Row 3: K1, *yo, p1, purl 3 sts tog, p1, yo, k1; rep from * to end.
Row 4: Purl. 
Rep Rows 1–4 for Eyelet pattern.



1 comment:

Christina said...

It is beautiful Libby!! :) Well done!! :)