Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The U.S. Missions February Employee of the Month is....

ME! 

That's, right! I was chosen as the February employee of the month for U.S. Missions. Each month U.S. Missions employees are asked to nominate fellow coworkers who are deserving of this title, and once the names have been complied, the U.S. Missions Executive Committee (all department directors) review the nominations and vote on the winner. I was chosen for the way I help out whenever needed, especially the past few months while my boss was out and a new employee started work with us. To learn a little more about what I do and see where I work, click here!

As part of my reward for being named employee of the month, I get to park in our executive director's reserved parking spot for one week in the month of February. This is a very nice perk, as his parking spot is maybe 20 feet from the entrance to our building, much closer than where I normally park. Score for me! I also get a $50 gift card to any place I choose. Double score for me! A framed certificate with my name and picture will be on display in our hallway for the month, too.

The employee of the month is announced in the staff video newsletter that's emailed to all staff members at the first of the month. I am the one who edits these video newsletters together, and to announce the winner I show their picture and do a voice-over saying why they were chosen as the winner. Since I'm the one who puts the video together, I actually knew about this award in January so I could add it to the newsletter.

This was a little odd and funny...me announcing to everyone that I am the employee of the month! I had fun with it, though, and think it turned out good. Here's a link to the video. You can watch the whole video here, or speed ahead to 2:15 for my segment. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Wanda said...

Whoo-hoo! Congrats, Libby.