Wednesday, March 7, 2012

T-Shirt Shrug

Last weekend I made yet another project found on Pinterest... a t-shirt shrug! I saw this pin and thought it looked really easy to make so decided to try it out. You can find the instructions to make it here:  Cut Out + Keep.

Here's the basic instructions:
  • Cut a t-shirt in half straight up the middle of the front side
  • Cut off the neck band
  • Turn the shirt inside out and fold the cut part in 1" to form the casing
  • Pin and sew
  • Pull the ribbon through the casing using a safety pin

This shrug was so easy to make and I plan to make more. I bought the shirt at Target for $8, but have a couple of shirts in my closet that I might just turn into a shrug instead of buying more t-shirts. The shirt is made out of stretchy cotton and that material is not the easiest for me to sew, so that was a bit challenging, but overall it turned out pretty good. I will definitely be wearing this shrug. It's perfect to go over sleeveless tops and dresses. I've love to make one for you...just let me know! 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really cute! Nice job! Very stylish! I might have to send you a t shirt to make one for me! Love you, Aunt Linda