Friday, April 13, 2012

Time

I'm in a chapter of life right now where I have lots of time on my hands. I stay busy with work (although I'm not always all that busy at work), my aerobics classes, and running, but other than that I don't have anything pressing to keep me busy. Sure, I work on my knitting, do crafts here and there, read, sew, little things like that, but nothing really that I have to do. Nothing that demands all of my time. Ross is the same way. We just have a lot of time on our hands right now.

I've been so aware of this lately, especially when talking to my friends that have kids. Their lives seem crazy busy! From the constant care and attention the little ones need to the toting around of the older ones to school activities, they are definitely busy! Sometimes I wish I could give them some of my extra time so they have time to rest and relax. 

I know that someday our lives will change and we will become the busy ones, but for now I'm trying to just enjoy this season of extra time. I have to admit, it can be hard. I like to stay busy and work better when I have something going on. I also think about how someday I'm really going to miss this extra time I have. I wish I could bottle it and let it out later when I'm crunched for time.

This morning I read a devotion from the book, Jesus is Calling, Do You Hear Him?, by Sarah Young, that gave me a greater appreciation for this extra time I have. I really liked what this said. I hope you do, too!

When I give you no special guidance, stay where you are. Concentrate on doing your everyday tasks in awareness of My Presence with you. The Joy of My Presence will shine on you, as you do everything for Me. Thus you invite Me into every aspect of your life. Through collaborating with Me in all things, you allow My Life to merge with yours. This is the secret not only of joyful living but also of victorious living. I designed you to depend on Me moment by moment, recognizing that apart from me you can do nothing

Be thankful for quiet days, when nothing special seems to be happening. Instead of being bored by the lack of action, use times of routine to seek My Face. Although this is an invisible transaction, it speaks volumes in spiritual realms. Moreover, you are richly blessed when you walk trustingly with Me through the routines of your day.
Colossians 3:23; John 15:5; Psalm 105:4

No comments: